Getting Inked at DiversifiedRequest Quote
Prior To Scheduling Your Appointment
- You should have artwork reference photos to give your artist. Reference material can easily be found on the internet if you have an idea of what you want. You should also determine where you want the piece and approximately what size you want it. We encourage you to submit multiple artwork references and written descriptions of how you would like the piece to look. This information will help your artist quote your price and appointment length. If you are unsure about what you want, schedule a free consultation with one of our artists.
- Cover-ups require a consultation before scheduling. Consultations are free – just call the shop to schedule one.
- Each artist has their own hourly rate. Please review our artist’s portfolios and choose one that you’d like to work with.
- Once you have your artwork chosen, the size and placement determined, and your artist selected, you may Request a Quote via our website.
Scheduling Your Appointment
- Once your artwork is chosen and you’ve gotten a quote from your artist you are ready to schedule your appointment. You can call or stop by the studio any time during business hours. A 25%/$40 minimum NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is required to schedule your appointment. Deposits can be made in cash or by credit card payment, and may be taken over the phone, if necessary. The deposit amount will be applied towards the final cost of your tattoo.
- Upon receipt of your non-refundable deposit, you will have an appointment with one of our fully-licensed, experienced tattoo artists.
- If you cancel, you will forfeit your deposit. Our artists make a living on their appointments and if you cancel there is no guarantee we can fill your vacated appointment. Artists can also spend a significant amount of time preparing in advance for an appointment. Hence a deposit is required.
- If you reschedule UP TO 48 hours before your scheduled appointment time, the deposit can be transferred to your new appointment. Rescheduling WITHIN 48 hours of your appointment will result in the loss of your deposit as it does not give us adequate time to fill your vacancy.
- Please confirm that the studio has your artwork and/or reference material for your tattoo. Artists will need the reference material to prepare for your appointment.
- Changes cannot be made to your quoted and planned upon tattoo design the day of your appointment. Scheduled appointment durations are based on the information and planning done PRIOR to scheduling your appointment. Changes to your tattoo design will extend the duration of your appointment and cut in to the scheduled appointment after yours, which is not acceptable.
- If you change your mind about the design you were quoted on/ that your appointment duration is based on, you must notify your artist at least 48 hours in advance. We may need to reschedule and extend your appointment duration in order to accommodate changes.
The Day of Your Appointment
- Be sure to eat a decent meal within 2 hours of your appointment. This is to help you avoid getting light headed and/or passing out.
- For safety and medical reasons, it is best not to drink alcohol within 24 hours of your appointment.
- Wear something comfortable with easy access to the area that is getting tattooed. Wear tank tops, shorts or bathing suits if necessary, to allow sufficient, clothing-free space for your artist to work. Clothing that is in the way can often end up with ink it, and it does not wash out. We will not be held responsible if your clothing gets ink on it because you were not dressed appropriately.
- Bring your photo ID to your appointment. We must have on file a copy of your photo ID per Maine Law to verify that you are the legal age of 18 or older to receive a tattoo.
- Be prepared to fill out some paperwork before your appointment. If you can arrive 10-15 minutes early, that would be great!
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, we reserve the right to reschedule your appointment.
- Children are NOT allowed in our tattooing areas. And although we love kids, we are not babysitters, so please make arrangements for someone to watch the kiddos somewhere else during your appointment.
- Our artists take their work very seriously, and the less distractions while they work, the better. Therefore we ask that you limit the number of guests accompanying you in the room to one or two. Special exceptions may be made in advance by the artist.
- Bottled water and restroom breaks are available during your appointment. Just let your artist know, if needed.
- If you prefer being tattooed in private, be sure to let your artists know. Each artists works out of a private space and can easily accommodate you.
After Your Appointment
Payment for Your Appointment
- Payment IN FULL is due upon completion of your appointment. We do NOT make payment plans. If you cannot afford your tattoo, please do not schedule an appointment and/or cancel your appointment ASAP.
- We accept cash and all major credit cards. Personal checks are NOT accepted.
- At check out you will receive complete written instructions on how to care for your tattoo once you leave the studio. Aftercare instruction can also be found on our website: Aftercare Instructions.
- Once your tattoo is complete, it is up to you to care for it, as we advise on your aftercare sheet. We reserve the right to charge for touch-ups that are needed because you did not properly care for your tattoo.
Artists will determine on a case-by-case basis if they will charge for a touch-up, largely depending on why or if the touch up is needed.
Other Important Information
- We avoid tattooing those that are possibly pregnant, have epilepsy, diabetes, heart conditions, hemophilia, or allergies to latex, metal, or cocoa butter. For the safety of our artists and clients, we cannot tattoo those who have a communicable disease/infection such as Hepatitis or MRSA.
- We cannot tattoo sunburned skin so please be sure to avoid the sun in the days before your appointment. If you show up with a sunburn on the area to be tattooed, we will not be able to tattoo you and you will forfeit your deposit.
- If you are sick and coughing, please reschedule your appointment. We cannot work on you if you are coughing.
- All artists at Diversified Ink are Maine licensed and Blood Borne Pathogen certified.
- The studio is code compliant, and follows all sterilization and cross contamination regulations.
- Brand new single-use needles are used for each appointment, and are disposed of immediately after the appointment in a safe container to prevent the spread of infections and diseases.
- We will strive to make you as comfortable as possible during your appointment. Feel free to ask any questions about the tattooing process before your artist starts working on you. We want for your mind to be at ease and for you to have a positive experience.
- Our hope is that you leave here LOVING your new tattoo so you tell all your friends about us and come back for more!
- If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call us at 947-7238.